The new Magento Commerce 2.3.1 release is here
This is what’s new on the new platform
Today on Tuesday, March 26 Magento will release Magento Commerce and Magento Open source 2.3.1 which empowers merchants to act more quickly, operate more efficiently, and scale their businesses.
Page Builder is exclusively available for Magento Commerce and enables merchants to:
- Easily Create and edit engaging websites with rich content types to keep the experience fresh and interesting, encouraging repeat visits and high conversions.
- Take control over their brand and tell the story they want with customizable page layouts and intuitive drag-and-drop content management
- Save time and resources to build and edit content in minutes with easier day-to-day operation and by removing dependencies on designers and developers
Additionally, both Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.1 provide enhancements across many areas of the platform including:
- B2B and hybrid businesses can now scale to support larger customers with address books 30 times larger.
- The latest version of PayPal Express Checkout which introduces a modernized checkout flow, faster checkout performance, and new payment options – including Venmo and PayPal Credit – in a single integration that does not have to be updated as new payment methods become available.
- Updates to the latest payment and shipping APIs to ensure a bulletproof operation and major improvements to the GraphQL API that increase coverage, improve the developer experience, and enhance security.
- Over 200 improvements to overall product quality, performance, and security
Today Magento will also release Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.2.8 and 2.1.17. These versions will include multiple security enhancements.
This quarter Magento has also already made incremental enhancements to Magento Shipping, Inventory Management, and PWA Studio. Magento is delivering commerce innovation with increased velocity by adding these new capabilities independent of our core Commerce releases.
Magento Shipping expanded global coverage to 37 countries via DHL Express, Fedex & UPS; giving merchants the ability to streamline multiple parts of the fulfillment value chain with multiple carriers all from the Magento Admin.
Multi-Source Inventory Management introduced a new Distance Priority Source Selection Algorithm. This helps merchants reduce fulfillment costs by intelligently shipping orders from the inventory location closest to the shopper. Quality and performance enhancements that improve the merchant experience were also part of this release.
PWA Studio’s latest release gives merchants and developers more tools to build and deliver PWAs with performance enhancements, improvements to the developer experience, and expanded functionality of the Venia reference storefront with modular components and a complete checkout implementation.